Marlin Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaning out my in-laws house & garage after they passed last year, I found my wife's Dad's 22 in the garage rafters, where it had been for almost 40 yrs. No one wanted it & said I could have it. I wish I had taken before & after pictures, it was so dirty, I couldn't tell at first what it was, but I was lucky, very little rust on it. I don't think he ever fired it. I haven't had a Marlin 22 in years, was going to buy a 795, now if I can only find some 22 shell's I'll try it out, they are pretty hard to come by around here

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can find them, but it depends what your willing to pay. Just at the gun shop, all they had were match grade at $8.99 for a 50 box. I just can't make myself spent that for them. You never see them at Wal Mart. I'll wait, the price eventually will come back down & they will be everywhere again.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. I lucked out the other day, stopped at the gun shop & they actually had a few box's of 22 shells, so I'm going to the range today to try it out, along with 2 handguns & a .410 shotgun my Dad bought for me 40 something yrs ago. Haven't shot it in yrs, but I'm anxious to try it out today

Attachments

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I'm naming the Marlin Bob Marley, cos we be jammin! Only got about 10 shots off, wouldn't feed, 2 shots in a row was the best it would do. Then the lift-feed lever spring edge got caught under the breech bolt & jammed it. Took it apart, straightened the spring, polished up everything & I'll try it again one night after work. Could have been the ammo, I was trying Federal, just lead tip, no copper coating, I have some winchester I'll try in it this week. Though the spring looks & operates ok, I'm going to order a new one today in case I have another problem, I checked the serial number & found out it's from 1974.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.