Marlin Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,966 Posts
Tim; Welcome to the Marlin Forum.
That sir, is a nice rifle. I'm envious. I've been keeping my eyes open for one of those or a Marlin 99-M1.
Should give you many years of enjoyment.

· Registered
1,966 Posts
a .410 shotgun my Dad bought for me 40 something yrs ago. Haven't shot it in yrs, but I'm anxious to try it out today
Those H&R Singles are a solid ole workhorse. Years ago, I loved to hunt Doves with a 410 single.
I bought one a few years ago and gave it to a widow lady friend of ours. She lives alone along one of the state highways near here and felt insecure. She had zero experience with firearms and was babysitting to supplement her income, so there were children in the picture. I bought a box of shot shells and gave her a firearm safety course. Then I gave her a box of Federal Hand Gun Loads (000 Buck) and told her that I hoped she never needed to use them. The idea behind my choice was; reliable, simple, ease of use, little to no recoil, could be safely secured and adequate for the purpose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.