Marlin Forums banner

Marlin m60

5K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Spud9 
#1 · (Edited)
Bought this M60 on Gunbroker for 67 dollars in like new condition with the adjustable rear sight.

120.920322&zoom=14&markers=37.635630,-120.920322&size=400x300&sensor=true[/IMG]

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
That's awesome!

I do have one question though....was it local to you so you were able to pick it up? The problem I have with gunbroker is that by the time you add shipping and FFL fees, even really good deals often aren't so great.

I bought an SKS on gunbroker last year, because the seller was local to me and said I could come pick it up. I was all excited about the deal I got until I got a $150 speeding ticket on the way to pick it up. Suddenly, not such a great deal anymore. :mad:

#4 ·
I know what you're saying, FFL fees and tax are a given, you can't get away with that. I found a FFL that charges a flat rate to receive the item. Other FFL's want to charge to receive the item depending on how much you paid. So in addition to the tax and the normal FFL fee of $25. I paid 98 bucks. I have two Glenfield/Marlin 60's and the Marlin 60 pictured. One of the GM's has the squirrel on the stock. I have the Fever. There's a cool story to bagging the squirrel model.

#8 ·
Congrats on the new M60 !!

"There's a cool story to bagging the squirrel model"...

OK...let's hear it !
I was at my local pawn shop picking up two rimfires. A Winchester 67a and a Marlin 783 22mag. I'm standing in line and in comes a guy with what looked like a rifle wrapped in a blanket. " What you got there" , I said. He pulled out the Squirrel model 60. "You selling or pawning" , I asked. I'm selling, I want 90 dollars but I'll take 70 bucks. I told the guy, If these guys don't pay you what you want meet me outside and we'll go across the street to the bank.
I finished my business, received my jailed 22's and went outside the pawn and the guy was waiting. We drove to the bank and I got 80 bucks to pay the guy 70. I walked up to the guy and said, "hey man my girlfriend is a little upset that I just picked up two rifles and here I'm buying another, will you take 60 bucks? He said , Sure! We exchanged squirrel for cash.
What was so cool was that I had been looking for the squirrel model and couldn't find one. Then when I least expected it, it landed right in my lap.
SCORE!!!

#11 ·
$98 is still a good deal, IMO.

So, being new to Marlins, is there a reason you coveted the squirrel model? Is there something special about that model, or are you just trying to get a complete collection?
the squirrel model mentioned has a carved squirrel inset into the stock. they aren't rare, but are not as common as they use to be. i have only seen two and knowing what i know now about them, i wish i had bought them. they are nice looking rifles.

#13 ·
$98 is still a good deal, IMO.

So, being new to Marlins, is there a reason you coveted the squirrel model? Is there something special about that model, or are you just trying to get a complete collection?
Probably he wanted a Squirrel stock because they look so cool :)
Wish Marlin would go back to 'em!!

Nice find :)

Those Marlin Adjustable Target sights can be found at Numrich for $10,
they are the BEST CHEAP SINGLE THING you can do to a Marlin to add to its precision!!
A good sight works WONDERS!!

On a used one, you clean it, oil very lightly (as in One Drop on a fingertip applied all over the action)...and shoot the heck outta it!!
Check the Ejector Wire...use the Nickel Method to set it properly (One width high, one width to the center)
Same with the old flatwire ejector from the 60's, but that often takes a little careful bending...

#14 ·
Probably he wanted a Squirrel stock because they look so cool :)
There are two listed in my local area, with each being offered for $100. How good of a deal is that? Is it something I should be jumping at, or is that about the norm?

Actually, one is a couple of hours away from me, but I'll be headed to that area on Saturday. The guy has had it listed for a few weeks now, and I've been wondering if I could pick it up for a bit less because of that.

Thoughts?

#15 ·
There are two listed in my local area, with each being offered for $100. How good of a deal is that? Is it something I should be jumping at, or is that about the norm?

Actually, one is a couple of hours away from me, but I'll be headed to that area on Saturday. The guy has had it listed for a few weeks now, and I've been wondering if I could pick it up for a bit less because of that.

Thoughts?
It's your decision, check them out. They are excellent shooters, pretty accurate for a semi.
Offer 75 bucks first maybe the guy will take it.
I paid 140 for the Glenfield 60 with the checkered stock in California. Good luck!

#16 ·

Thoughts?
if in really good condition, not a bad price, not a steal though. as said before, offer $75 and see where it takes you.

#19 ·
I just bought 3 squirrels. Pick them up on Wed and will post pics. One is in excellent shape, one needs a little TLC minor fixes and a good cleaning and the other is a parts gun but the stock looks like it just needs a good clean up. Got all three for under $200. Buy em when you find them....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.