Marlin Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Yes they do and very good quality.. type "marlin Shotgun" into your search engine and you`ll see

·
Registered
25 Posts
A local pawn shop has a like new single shot that looks like it was made by NEF and an older pump both marked Marlin. There were also bolt action Marlin shotguns.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Yep, they made shotguns. Many of which can be bought for a really low price. :D

Marlin Model 31-20 (20 ga) shotgun for $165

Marlin Model 90 (12ga) for $350-$700

Marlin Glenfield bolt action (20 ga) for $190

·
Banned
7 Posts
I'm not really sure. They probably come pretty close to each other. I like the looks of that pump action so I may have to go out and find myself one someday.. :D Then I can compare it to the 870 express.

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
the single shots that look like NEF are probably H-R 1871's. that company was bought by Marlin several years ago. H-R also makes a pump shotgun too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the single shots that look like NEF are probably H-R 1871's. that company was bought by Marlin several years ago. H-R also makes a pump shotgun too.
I have a NEF h&r pardner 12 gauge pump, very solid shotgun ive stripped it several times all steel parts and polymer trim. Its only had about 50 rounds thru it but it shoots and feels just like my buddy's remington 870. For the price a very good buy compared to the mossberg maverick 88 for the same price which is full of cheap plastic parts

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Back in the old days, there were a LOT of different shotgun models.
16, 17, 19, 21, 24, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31, 42, 43, 44, 49, 50, 53, 55, 59, 60, 63, 90, 120, 410, 512, 1898, 55-10, 778,
and the Marlin Premier Mark lines...fancy/engraved.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Marlin Shotguns

Yes !!! Marlin produced some very good shotguns....I have a model 120 12GA pump, that I bought some years back. very nice quality gun, but need a barrel for it (vent ribbed) as someone hacked off 6 inches of the barrel before I bought it. tried to purchase a NEW barrel direct from Marlin, but they no longer had any in stock......so if anyone knows where I could get my hands on one, please let me know !!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Does anyone have one? This is the first I'm hearing of it.
I bought a new one back in the 70's. It was a 120 Magnum, 12 ga. pump with a 40" bbl. Had to break it down to fit in the pickup gun rack as it was 5'1" from butt to muzzle. Loaded with 3" No. 4 buck, it would reach out & knock the sass out of a dog or coyote.

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
Yes !!! Marlin produced some very good shotguns....I have a model 120 12GA pump, that I bought some years back. very nice quality gun, but need a barrel for it (vent ribbed) as someone hacked off 6 inches of the barrel before I bought it. tried to purchase a NEW barrel direct from Marlin, but they no longer had any in stock......so if anyone knows where I could get my hands on one, please let me know !!
check out Numrich, they have lots of obscure firearm parts. they might have one for it. another place would be Gunbroker.com as they have listings for gun parts too. good luck in your search.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
I have a Marlin 512 Slugster

·
Registered
8 Posts
when we were kids 15-16yrs.old,my friend had a Marlin bolt action shotgun that he could break 8x16" blocks with slugs at 75-100 yds with no problem consistently

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just remembered. Back in the day, one of my hunting partners had a Marlin Goose Gun. It was a bolt action, 3-shot, 12 ga. 3" with a 36" bbl. & full choke.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
A bolt action shotgun, Marlin 512 Slugster

1 - 20 of 25 Posts