Marlin Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
1,241 Posts
I was reading Shooting Times Guide to Long Range Accuracy today. It had an article on Battle of the Budget Rifles! It is a test of the Under $500.00 guns. The Marlin X7 did well and was named Shooting Times "Best Buy". I was wondering if anyone out there had one and if so what do you think of it? What caliber is it in. What Scope do you have on it! Likes and Dislikes and over all thoughts on it!
the X7 series are fantastic rifles and the only thing budget about them is the price. adjustable triggers, pillar bedded stocks, awesome recoil pads. very accurate and well built. all at a very decent price.

my first one was a XL7C in 25-06 and it was such a great rifle that the second one was a XS7 in 7mm-08, and it has become one of my most shot rifles in my collection. the third one i ordered, a XS7VH in 308. all of them are fantastic shooters. accuracy, they will hold their own with rifles costing twice as much. i own several M700's and my Marlins are just as accurate.

i recommend the X7 series because they are fantastic rifles, that are priced very well for the quality. what i like, the value, the accuracy, the quality. my dislikes, i wish they would offer more calibers.

· Banned
1,241 Posts
Yeah I used to like it to "Throw" the brass until I did Sniper training. Now I want it to clear the chamber and that is all! Yeah I need to downsize my rounds from Big Boomers to the .223 size guns due to Vertebra problems. Guess I will have to order a 223 and see how she does!:D What other calibers are offered that do not kick much like in the range of the .223? Never shot a 22-250 0r a 25-06. Looking for something under a 243 in kick.
try out the 7mm-08. very gentle in recoil, much like the 243. i shoot mine sometimes from 60 to 100 times in a weekend. very accurate caliber to boot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.