Marlin Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading Shooting Times Guide to Long Range Accuracy today. It had an article on Battle of the Budget Rifles! It is a test of the Under $500.00 guns. The Marlin X7 did well and was named Shooting Times "Best Buy". I was wondering if anyone out there had one and if so what do you think of it? What caliber is it in. What Scope do you have on it! Likes and Dislikes and over all thoughts on it!

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Marine...you open up a can of wonderful comments with your request. I don't think that Remington has changed the 'X' rifle too much...we own 2 original Marlins in '06 (XL) and 7mm-08 (XS). THEY ARE SHOOTERS. You won't suffer buyer's remorse with spending your money on one. Others are cheaper and plenty more a couple of hundred to thousands more! My only concern: they don't throw spent brass out very far like most of us are accustomed with bolt guns. The 7-08 will literally drive nails...if my shaking and twitching gets in synch with one particular load I built for it.
Yeah I used to like it to "Throw" the brass until I did Sniper training. Now I want it to clear the chamber and that is all! Yeah I need to downsize my rounds from Big Boomers to the .223 size guns due to Vertebra problems. Guess I will have to order a 223 and see how she does!:D What other calibers are offered that do not kick much like in the range of the .223? Never shot a 22-250 0r a 25-06. Looking for something under a 243 in kick.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.