Marlin Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hey duster I am real fond of those Yugo Mausers. I have two of them a 48 and a 48A. I picked mine up several years ago when you could get them in like new condition with matching numbers. I would consider shooting cast bullets sized to .325. I think some of the older Lyman designs (321297) drop big enough you could make it work. If not, somebody has to make a 170-180gr mould that works. Then all you need is to load 'em with 20 grains of 2400 and you're in business.

For building custom bolt guns I like the VZ24 actions. However it is getting harder to find them in really nice condition. I build a 25-06 on a VZ and it turned out pretty good. I'll have to take pics and post them. I also did a 270 on a Mark X action. Back in the 80's you could buy new Mark X actions right out of the Shotgun News, but I don't know if anyone is still doing that.

Edit Added:
Okay I got the pics taken so you can see my 25-06. I had really planned on building a 6.5x06, but while I was looking for barrels I came across a guy with some pulled barrels off European rifles. The price was too good to pass up so I went with the 25-06. The close up of the action isn't good, but I think you can see it's a Czech action.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.