Marlin Forums banner

McCloskey Plea Deal

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  40nascar 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I don't agree. The MO Governor went on record that they would be pardoned if convicted so they weren't going to lose their 2A rights. They only took the plea deal so these millionaires could save money on legal fees, principals be damned. People have a right to defend themselves, their property, and should never have been charged. How many rioters got charged? None.

Nice that he got a new gun but I hope the coward loses his election.

#7 ·
Like I said....pardoned.
The dumb ass already plead guilty. Good luck getting the guns back....probably been melted down by now.

#9 ·
Pardons are meant for unjust rulings. They admitted to endangering the lives of rioters and accepted the consequences, which included surrendering firearms for destruction. Now the hypocrites want a do over. The D.A. was already dismissed from the case last December. What happened to, “We are not backing down.” What happened to it being a 2nd Amendment issue? What happened to the money people donated for their defense fund? And where the H do you get $1 million. Their estimated net worth is $50+ million, yet they created multiple go fund me accounts online within days of the original incident to pay for private armed security. Now he wants to be a politician, which probably has a lot more to do with their plea deal than any court costs they were likely to pay.

#10 ·
While I may not agree with their method, I agree with the end result. Which is a clean record and restoration of their abused 2nd ammendment rights. They did nothing wrong by defending themselves and their property. The governer said he would give a pardon if they were convicted. That deal shortcutted an otherwise long term legal defense and trial. All is good. Let's not let the perfect, be the enemy of the very good. That doesn't mean i would vote for them....but the injustice perpetrated against them has been resolved. The loss of the firearms that occured to them is equivalent to a "stupid tax".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.