Medium Loop Lever

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by tnt1960, Feb 12, 2018.

1. tnt1960

tnt1960 Member

2. 3Crows

3Crows Member

I just purchased the stainless one but may or may not use it on my 336SS. Not sure.

The items of have gotten from RPP are all excellent quality. If I do not use the MLL on my 336 I will use it on another Marlin at some point.

3C

3. tnt1960

tnt1960 Member

4. SheriffJoe

SheriffJoe Member

Sounds like you are pleased with your decision and that is what is most important.

tnt1960 likes this.
  5. SheriffJoe

SheriffJoe Member

After extensive comparisons while shooting both the RPP and WWG versions of loop levers, I prefer the Wild West version as it gives a little more room for larger hands, doesn't hit my middle knuckle with heavier loads and the finish is an actual stainless steel than can be cleaned with a scour pad.

6. 3Crows

3Crows Member

I prefer the stock Marlin BLL to the WWG lever but that is just personal opinion and I could change my mind down the road. However, I bought a RPP as I had said above, just in case I want it someday. The construction is stainless steel.

7. SheriffJoe

SheriffJoe Member

Yeah, I have both and are both quality, but there is a finish applied to the RPP that just doesn't quite match the stainless of my guides. That said, I still also use them on my blued rifles instead of buying for each rifle...so far.

8. 3Crows

3Crows Member

There is no finish or coating applied to my RPP. It seems to match the stainless of my 336 just fine. 3C

9. SheriffJoe

SheriffJoe Member

Hmm...mine does and searching their site TODAY:

Our RPP-designed "medium" loop levers for Marlin Firearms and Henry Repeating Arms lever-actions are drop-in parts that should take minutes to install. Occasionally, minor fitting may be required. We CNC machine our big loop levers in-house out of 4140 steel alloy. We then use KG Gun Kote mil-spec coating for superior wear and corrosion resistance and offer them in two coating options (Gun Metal Blue or Stainless).

10. 3Crows

3Crows Member

Again, my RPP lever is stainless steel.

J

11. SheriffJoe

SheriffJoe Member

Well, alrighty then.

Wondering why the manufacturer says it is made from 4140 which is NOT stainless steel?

12. Dave 1894

Dave 1894 New Member

Anybody looking to upgrade I suggest the Big Loop Lever, Happy Trigger & Bear proof ejector, from Wild West Guns ,I was able to install myself, just had to pay close attention when doing the trigger, it’s a 3# pull now & I could not be happier. ( 1894 44Mag ) 51B740F5-1043-4266-BB0C-F0BA48B72A5C.jpg

13. 3Crows

3Crows Member

I have three rifles with the Happy Trigger, Bear extractor. Both are solid improvements and though the trigger kit is expensive it is worth it. Smooth, predictable, nearly target grade. And no more Marlin Trigger Flop, tink, tink, tink as you walk.

3C