Model 60 Tactical Stock

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by Ugean, Jun 5, 2017.

1. farmingville

farmingville Member

This is the other Marlin 795 I have. This was the first project before the marlin 795 in the 60 wood stock. I have so many rounds out of this 795 in this configuration with no issues too date.the vortex red dot was great on this on the picatiny 3/4 rail I had mounted on the receiver. The AR 15 flash hider Has all the threads removed and I opened the bore more too fit the barrel cut a notch out on top of the flash hider to slip past the front sight post then drilled a hole at the bottom of flash hider and tapped it for threads and added a metric hex key bolt to the flash hider. I figured if ruger makes one for the 10/22 then why not one for the marlin 795 only better

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  2. Ugean

Ugean Member Supporting

I love it. That would be so handy hunting at night. I'm sure that can't be legal in NYS though.

3. Ugean

Ugean Member Supporting

HT60 Review

I got my HT60 stock yesterday and had to put it on right away. Can't wait to shoot this bad boy. I opted for the version with the folding stock adapter. This is very well made! Not overly keen on the fact that it tappers towards the barrel. Makes it look bent, but I image it was to reduce the weight. It is definitely heavier than the ATI stock. Much more rugged too. This should hold up in the woods very well.

I primarily use a laser sight (which I have to rezero now) so I don't have an optic on it. I like that the butt pivots down so I can use the barrel sights. Then just fold it up and it's out of the way. The folding adapter is a little tricky, but it is a UTG part not Hunting Tacticals.

With a sling this thing should be nice and easy to get through the brush with and still just be able to shoot it quickly. With the stock fully extended the gun actually fits me! No scrunching up to see the sights.

Installation wasn't bad but there are a lot of pieces. I recommend using the glue for the nuts like they suggest.

Pro's: The rifle actually fits a grown man!
    Collapses so it is maneuverable
    Very well built
    able to use a laser and flashlight right out of the box
    Stock pivots down for use of barrel sights

Con's: Tapper at the end
    Lots of parts to assemble
    Not heavy but not light

[​IMG]

4. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Do you have a range report yet? Let us know how it handles.

5. Ugean

Ugean Member Supporting

I love it! It makes getting through the brush so easy with the single point sling and folding stock. I also put a laser on the end of it and knocking raccoons down out of the tree is a breeze. I'm upgrading all my guns to a pistol grip and telescoping stock now.

The kill season for raccoon opened last week and I finally got to actually use it. I'll never go back to a factory stock again.

[​IMG]

6. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Glad you are liking it. I'm gonna do one before long!