Marlin Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Your subject says Model 7000 but the post says Model 2000.

The Model 7000 is the heavy barrel / no factory sights version of the Model 70 which is basically the current Model 795. The 10 round nickel magazine ($13-$16) is Marlin number 71902. There are 7 round blued and 7 round nickel ones available as well and the blued ones will work depending on the vintage of your magazine guide. the newer ones have a raised nub that fits into a groove in the magazine. The older magazines don't have the groove, but a few minutes with a file takes care of the raised nub in the mag guide.

The Model 2000 is a bolt action target rifle that had a biathlon kit available with a 5 round magazine. My understanding is that the biathlon kit is extremely hard to come by but the same #71902 magazines will work if converted. I'm sure some of the model 70/795 parts could be used to convert it. The ejector/mag release part may not be long enough for the model 2000 stock.

Some pictures would be nice!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Very cool - I learned something, thanks for following up.

Now to have a bolt gun with the same mags as 7 of my other rifles - I have to find a Marlin 2000

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.