Marlin Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Well, I have seen a few movies recently. I am a Nana and I took my Granddaughter (who is 6) to see Brave. Very good family movie, I thought. I also took her to see Madagascar 3. The little one loved it but I was totally bored by it.

Then.......I went to see Magic Mike by myself. I thought I would really like it but it was stupid. Way over rated.

Not quite the quality of movies you've all been talking about but the title of this thread was "Movies". It didn't specify 'good movies'. :D

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I want to see Brave with my Daughter. I think she would like it.

She's just at the point now where she can sit still through a movie, so hopefully it will be in theaters when I get some time opened up.
I took my two granddaughters to see Brave. They are 6 and 8. They were the perfect age for this movie as it has 'scary' parts and sad parts and my two granddaughters hugged each other through the 'scary' parts and cried through the sad parts. It was a great movie for them. They would have enjoyed watching the movie even if they were younger but they are the perfect age to actually follow the story line and understand it.

Austin, I don't know how old your daughter is but I bet she'll like all the action and even grownups will take delight in the story line.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
I know I'm not going to Colorado to see that new Batman Movie :eek:

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I know I'm not going to Colorado to see that new Batman Movie :eek:

Actually, that's probably where you should go see it. I'll be it'll be the safest movie theater for a while, at least. But first they have a little cleaning up to do.

Seriously, though, that shooting made me almost as upset as the Columbine High School shootings. That vision of the student falling out of the window is forever etched in my mind.

Attachments

·
Banned
5,718 Posts
All the Colorado shootings were senseless tragedies...if only someone in the school or movie theather had a firearm to return fire, the great loss of life could have been prevented or kept to a minimum.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I took my two granddaughters to see Brave. They are 6 and 8. They were the perfect age for this movie as it has 'scary' parts and sad parts and my two granddaughters hugged each other through the 'scary' parts and cried through the sad parts. It was a great movie for them. They would have enjoyed watching the movie even if they were younger but they are the perfect age to actually follow the story line and understand it.

Austin, I don't know how old your daughter is but I bet she'll like all the action and even grownups will take delight in the story line.
She's four, but a very independent four.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
She's four, but a very independent four.
She'll love it. I took my granddaughter to many movies at the age of four. Even if she didn't fully understand the story line she absolutely enjoyed the experience.

Another good one your daughter might like and I know you will, too, is the newest Muppet Movie. I went and saw it twice at the theater and my daughter bought the DVD as soon as it came out. :D

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
I watched The Hunger Games last night. Sort of the same basic story of Running Man but a much better story with more substance and much better acting and production. Very sad story because I really connected with the characters. It might be very disturbing for some because it is child on child combat. Though not extremely graphic it is pretty bad, but the human message might make it worth it for those with a strong stomach. It is a very good movie.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts