Marlin Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd post some pictures of the guns I own.

The first gun I bought was this GP100 named..."Maggie". I would love to find pink Hogue grips for her but so far have had no luck.

The second gun I bought was this Ruger Mark II. I got it for a very good deal from a guy on another forum. He sold it to me dirt cheap. I got the gun, two sets of grips, a cheapy red dot scope (which I replaced with a Bushnell Trophy 2-6 X 32) and five magazines
for $250. I also replaced the grips with these nice, pink volquartsen grips. This is a very fun gun to shoot. Her name is Minnie.

The last gun I bought was this beautiful Sig P238 Lady model. I love this gun. She is a great shooter and a nice sturdy yet small pistol. I love the trigger on this gun and I like the fact she has a safety.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Welcome to the forum,Its good to see female gunners. :D

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
thank you for the nice pictures, Windy. as you know i have seen them before, but i know the other members will enjoy the pictures as i have in the past. BTW, Maggie, Minnie... what about the P238? no name!:eek::D

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for the nice pictures, Windy. as you know i have seen them before, but i know the other members will enjoy the pictures as i have in the past. BTW, Maggie, Minnie... what about the P238? no name!:eek::D

I can't think of a good name for that Sig. I feel like a bad gun owner/mama.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
$250 for the Ruger - You stole that gun! I'm a big fan of Mark IIs and have a Government Target Model with over 20K rounds through it -best .22 I ever owned.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$250 for the Ruger - You stole that gun! I'm a big fan of Mark IIs and have a Government Target Model with over 20K rounds through it -best .22 I ever owned.
I agree. I had resigned myself to the thought that I would have to buy a Mark III, which I didn't really want. I so badly wanted a Mark II. A member on the forum came forward and said he had a Mark II sitting in the back of his safe that he never shot anymore. He had bought a Mark III because he wanted a threaded barrel and he put a suppressor on his Mark III. He offered to sell me the Mark II, five mags, two sets of grips for $250. I said I'd think about it. My PM box absolutely exploded with people telling me to buy the gun, he was practically giving it to me and others saying if I didn't buy it, they would. I was hesitant to buy a used gun. But this gun was in meticulous condition and I grabbed it up. I am glad I did. She eats anything I feed her and whatever is in the crosshairs of that sight gets shot. That gun makes me look like a good shooter.

Of my three guns I always say, "One is for business (the GP100), one is for fun (the MarkII) and the other is for personal defense (the P238).

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
though Windy is still somewhat new to guns, she has made some excellent choices in pistols. with the choices she has made, you would never know that though.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was pretty guided on my first two choices. The third choice was all mine. I finally sort of new what a good trigger felt like and had a little experience.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Two Rugers and a Sig - very good choices! If you like good factory triggers, look for a nice used pre-lock S&W double-action revolver - very smooth actions and great quality.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Two Rugers and a Sig - very good choices! If you like good factory triggers, look for a nice used pre-lock S&W double-action revolver - very smooth actions and great quality.

Yes, I hear S&W have very nice revolvers. I was guided towards the GP100 as very affordable and a good, durable gun. What do you mean by 'Pre-lock"?

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
All you need now is a Marlin

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
That is a very nice collection of handguns. Thanks for sharing.
I've always thought about owning a GP100 but haven't found one at the right price - not yet.
Your Ruger Mark II is just like mine. I have the SS Comp. Target Model w/ the slab side barrel. I love that gun. I mounted a Sight-Mark Reflex sight on mine.
As for the Sig, I like it too - does it come in Forest Green????????

Grey

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
I had both the GP100 and the MKII at one time. I really liked both those guns,but I am partial to Rugers :D.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Yes, I hear S&W have very nice revolvers. I was guided towards the GP100 as very affordable and a good, durable gun. What do you mean by 'Pre-lock"?
GP100 is a great revolver and will never give you any trouble. By "Pre-Lock", I mean the older Smiths that do not have internal locks. If you look on the cylinder release side of the newer S&Ws, you'll see a hole above the release - that's the internal lock.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
226 Posts
Pre lock/Post lock

A pre lock, is a revolver that was manufactured by Smith & Wesson before they incorporated a safety lock (keyed), in the frame of their revolvers just above the cylinder latch button, that renders the gun unable to fire when engaged (thus safe). I have both, a S&W model 19-7 in 357 mag (pre lock) and a S&W model 57-5 in .41 mag (post lock). The triggers on both of those revolvers are awesome (smoooth, like glass) in comparison to my Ruger Blackhawk (also .41 mag). you can barely see the lock, by the latch button in the second photo.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very nice revolvers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts