Part 1: I finished the KY Longrifle tonight. I did not get many "in process" photos because it just got too cluttered and trying to set up for a pic would require me to shove everything out of the way and set up the 7 rest, and then put everything back up where i could use it. But I did get some preliminary shots to sho the areas that would need the most work. The butt area needed to be filed to meet the brass butt plate as well as the toe plate. The nose cap area on the stock needed a bit of filing so the nose cap would fit snug against the barrel. The brass stock joining plate just needed a bit of filing, and the adjoining stock pieces needed trimmed down about 1/16" to match the brass plate. The lock and trigger were snug so I did have to do some filing there, and I used the dremel to clean out the wood splinters. The hardest part, which I boogered up, was the barrel tenons/lugs, that needed to be fitted to the dovetails on the under barrel. Then measurements were taken and the stock marked so holes for the stock pins could be accurately drilled through the stock, through the lugs and out the other side. I got the first one perfect, but the second was a flop. I had to drill a 1/4" hole in the stock and plug the hole with a wood dowel. I epoxied it and all went pretty well after the glue set. I did miss the mark a tiny bit, but found out the reason I was missing the lug when I was pinning the barrel into the stock was because the fore stock was warped a bit and the front pin needed to be pounded in first. The first time I tried to pin the stock after the holes were finally drilled, I missed the bottom of the lug and split the stock. I spread out the crack and slopped some epoxy down the split. More waiting but it held nicely and now I know the combination to pin the stock without damage: Front pin first. I had to do some filing on the trigger assembly too. I noticed the hammer would not stay cocked or half cocked when the tang screw was tightened all the way. The trigger assembly is attached to the tang on the barrel and when they are snugged up, there was no room for the trip lever. The trigger wing that trips the lever was snug against the lever and it was just enough to trip the hammer. I remembered this little chore from my previous build back in the early 80s. CVA gave better instructions...so good I remembered them and built this rifle using what I remembered from the CVA kit. Anyway, I had to disassemble 1 screw on the trigger assembly and file down the top of the wing. 10 minute job and worked like a charm. I got it back together and then went to work applying brass black on all the shiny brass. I will have to go back and do some touchups where the black was a bit thin but that is no biggie. I was going to brown the barrel but after getting a look at the dark brass I decided blue would look better and it would just be a whole lot easier. I have a hear gun but no torch and the plum brown needs 275 degrees to work. I passed on that. I said PASSED... The blue looks better in person than in the pictures. I looked at the barrel/bluing pics and can't figure where the yellow splotches come from but I can't see them on the barrel so I will let the blue set in and maybe degrease it and reblue later. I am not a patient person and wood finishing to me is a hard obnoxious chore, so the finish is rough looking. But the wood is sealed and there are 2 coats of Tru Oil finish on the whole stock. This ol gal will be ready for the range Saturday. I would go tomorrow but I have to go to Iowa City to the VA for some Endocrinology excitement. Labs and maybe be told I need to go on insulin. All in all, I am satisfied with how this rifle turned out. I am by no means a craftsman and this is as complicated as I can get when it comes to crafts work. Here are the pictures. There are several so I will have to post them in separate sections.