Marlin Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Guy's/Gal's

If you have ever seen any of my post's I always change the LOP on all my rifles. I am only 5'5" tall so have shorter arms and like my rifles to suite me and make them comfortable to shoot. All though this rifle comes from the factory in a pretty good shorter LOP (13 3/8 I believe). I cut this one down to 12" LOP and that also means I can not re-use the Matlin buttpad that comes on the rifle. Because that factory buttpad is hollow on the bottom side. I ended up getting a Hogue small buttpad for it. I also do not care for the Marlin safety on the rifles that I own so I order the saddle ring safety delete ( Love this item ). Paint the front sight blade red. Wrap the Lever in Paracord this time instead of leather, may change to leather down the road. She is ready to go now just the way I like her.

Hoping everyone is not tired of the Ruger made 1895 posts as of yet. :)

·
Super Moderator
83 Posts
Haven't seen any posts of what you refer to so guess I'm not looking in the right place. Whatever the case, they (Rugers) seem to be very well made, now that the 1895's have hit some stores, but MAN are they pricey. I've been wanting one of the new model Colt Anacondas but thought they were really too pricey, but with the way the new Rugers are going, all I'll have to do is throw in a little bit more money & I can get one, if available that is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Goldtrigger,
I believe they are showing up at LGS more and more now. I told my local gun pusher that I was looking for a 45/70 and that I wanted a Ruger/Marlin but was not going to pay the inflated prices that they were going for at this time. Told him I would take a Henry when he got one in. About two weeks later he called and told me he had a Marlin on the way and wanted to know if I still wanted the 45/70. I told him it depends on how much he was asking for it. He was asking $1300 so I took it. A lot better price than they have been going for online. Glad I bought it, very nice rifle.

You will get one, just start putting the feelers out to the LGS in your area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts