Marlin Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to hijack another thread.

So here we go about a month ago I made a range trip with my newly acquired S&W 686. I'm on about my 20th round been firing 357mag when i decided to fire some 38spc.left over from a gun my wife sold.I'm on about my 3rd reload trying to open up the cylinder when the extractor wouldn't budge.So after a few minutes i get the extractor to eject the spent cases.I was concerned about the gun being one that was to be recalled and had to go in for repairs.But going thru the spent cases i found one that was split Pictures to be posted later.Here im concerened about starting the whole relading and makeing a screw up when here you should watch out for factory loads also.:confused:

· Banned
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
It looks like where the arrow is that was the hot spot,or weak spot any one with any comments, opinions are welcome. I should contact Remington!

· Banned
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the only problem you've had with the gun was extracting this one case?
Yes just that case .And that was the only time there was any problem. Im calling Remington in the morning

· Banned
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, it took me awhile to focus. I use white printing paper as a background. I think thats what helped!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.