Marlin Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone can chime in here, can you get more brass life by just neck sizing ? I`ve searched it on the web and got a thousand different answers.
I`ve took measurements of my brass before and after firing and there`s just a few thousands difference on the case size. I`m just pondering this question incase brass gets even more scarce..

apoligies in advance if this has been beat to death here...

O.B.

· Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not meaning to jump this thread. but dont a necked brass have less of a life like say a straight jacked round? meaning less of the times it can be reloaded.Excuse my grammer.
I beleave your refering to Bottle neck VS straitwall case, I have no idea LOL.
I reload pull the trigger and gun go boom..sometimes I hit something:eek:

· Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you really want to extend the life of your cases, They should be annealed at least after every 3 firing. I have some 308 cases that are on their 8th reloading. I haven't used the 300 AAC BLK enough yet, but I don't want to have to make anymore cases than necessary, sooooooooo, I will studiously anneal my cases after every 3 firing. Takes only small amount of time, I've invested in a good annealing rig and Propane's relatively cheap. What's not to like?

Bill
I`ve never annealed cases..How exactly do you do it ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.