Marlin Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
730 Posts
Hyphenated
You are correct in saying brass becomes brittle, and the easiest way to accertain this, (from what I have been told) is splitting of the neck of the case.
Also rotation of the cases becomes a real factor in extending the life of the group of cases too ie, if you have 200 cases, then re-load in groups of 50, and when "spent", put them at the back of the que, and reload a different group. ( hope I have explained that correctly)
You can anneel them by simply standing the case in water, up to the shoulder, and with a blow torch or something similar, heat the neck till it gets a dull glow, and then simply tip them over into the water.

Cgeers
Bucky

· Registered
730 Posts
Not meaning to jump this thread. but dont a necked brass have less of a life like say a straight jacked round? meaning less of the times it can be reloaded.Excuse my grammer.
Buggered if I can answer that Mate !
All I know is that I have had both split, sometimes during reloading, and other times after a shot.

:D
Cheers
Bucky

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.