Neighbor molested our hunt

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by MattNH, Dec 16, 2015.

1. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Took the 12 year old out back for squirrel. Went out through the garage and there is a Prius (I'm not kidding, a freaking Prius on my dirt road) at the top of the driveway, with 2 packages from Amazon. He starts walking down, gives a very nervous laugh and says "don't shoot" I tell him we're going out for squirrel. Thanks for the delivery, have a good day and Merry Christmas.

We head down back find a nice spot near some oaks at the edge of the bog and wait. There's one too far away playing around, but it fun watching him. About 15 minutes in it sounds like a Moose charging towards us, which is disparaging to Moose as they can be quite stealthy. It's the neighbor and his dog and he's carrying a critter trap. He walks maybe 10 yards from us, doesn't even notice. The dog comes over to my son to get her head scratched. He releases the critter and starts back by us again. I swear he's looking right at me, so I stand up and proceeded to take 10 years off his life. He jumps back, lets out a little noise and just stares. I have to break the silence and say "It's Matt and Kevin, just looking for some squirrels" the relief just washes over his face. Small talk and he's on his way. We decide to head back up to the house and my kid says "they're probably all at the bird feeders anyway"

I think he's hooked and I think he wears that sweatshirt everywhere.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Looks like a happy camper...

It's a fact that squirrels do see in color. However, they cannot distinguish between red and green, similar to red-green color blindness in humans. It's called dichromatic color vision.

Depending if your deer and squirrels seasons run into each other...be aware there are others hunters out there...and blaze orange is the best way to be sure they see YOU.

3. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Stupid, destructive red squirrel was at the bird feeder, so I shot it. I didn't know he was a retriever and no I didn't let him in the house with it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

LOL He is just trying to show you what you forgot.