New from DE

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kuntryboy816, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Kuntryboy816

Kuntryboy816 New Member

Howdy all! Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. Names Jeremy and I'm from VA but have lived in DE since the early 90's. Still a country boy in heart & soul. Love fishing, hunting, camping, hiking... pretty much anything outdoors.

I have 2 boys (3yrs & 5yrs old) and am looking to introduce them to shooting/hunting in the near future. Definately want to start them on something small but all I own right now is a 12g H&R single shot..:eek: Definately don't want their 1st exp to be bruised shoulders and loud noises (gun's nicknamed "The Mule!"). I don't think they are big enough to shoot my bow either.

Anyone else here form the Delmarva area?

2. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Welcome aboard,my name's Jerry and I'm in Indiana.There's a pretty friendly group of people here.:)

3. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

hello there Jeremy. welcome to the Marlin Forum and glad you decided to join. again welcome aboard.

4. DUTCHS

DUTCHS Well-Known Member Supporting

Welcome Jeremy! Enjoy the Marlin forum!!

5. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Marlin Forum

6. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Welcome Jeremy. We are going to talk you into buying a 30-30 to go along with that 12ga of yours.:D

7. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Welcome aboard Jeremy. Single-shot H&R 12 bore, "mule" definitely describes that kick!

8. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Jeremy. We're glad that you could join us.
    As for your "mule", I have to agree. Here in Ohio, center-fire rifles aren't legal for deer, so (aside from my muzzle loader) I have a NEF 12 ga. single shot slug gun. Needless to say, a slip-on Limbsaver Recoil Pad is a must when checking the sights at the range. There are better choices in the slug gun class but the NEF is light, easy to carry, has sights that I can see and shoot pretty straight. Plus I'm not concerned about scratching it up while in the woods. :rolleyes:
    Being this is a Marlin Forum, I'd suggest starting the boys with a Mod. 60, then a 1894 Lever and then a 336. Just trying to be politically correct. ;):p

Grey

9. bmarg

bmarg Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, I am new too and everyone here seems welcoming.

10. wjjones

wjjones Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum....Jeremy. I am kinda new myself.

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Welcome to the Marlin Firearms Forum Jeremy !!