Marlin Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all! Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. Names Jeremy and I'm from VA but have lived in DE since the early 90's. Still a country boy in heart & soul. Love fishing, hunting, camping, hiking... pretty much anything outdoors.

I have 2 boys (3yrs & 5yrs old) and am looking to introduce them to shooting/hunting in the near future. Definately want to start them on something small but all I own right now is a 12g H&R single shot..:eek: Definately don't want their 1st exp to be bruised shoulders and loud noises (gun's nicknamed "The Mule!"). I don't think they are big enough to shoot my bow either.

Anyone else here form the Delmarva area?

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Forum

·
Registered
853 Posts
Welcome Jeremy. We are going to talk you into buying a 30-30 to go along with that 12ga of yours.:D

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jeremy. We're glad that you could join us.
As for your "mule", I have to agree. Here in Ohio, center-fire rifles aren't legal for deer, so (aside from my muzzle loader) I have a NEF 12 ga. single shot slug gun. Needless to say, a slip-on Limbsaver Recoil Pad is a must when checking the sights at the range. There are better choices in the slug gun class but the NEF is light, easy to carry, has sights that I can see and shoot pretty straight. Plus I'm not concerned about scratching it up while in the woods. :rolleyes:
Being this is a Marlin Forum, I'd suggest starting the boys with a Mod. 60, then a 1894 Lever and then a 336. Just trying to be politically correct. ;):p

Grey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts