Marlin Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello fellow leverholics. My name is Russell and I'm a leverholic. I've been a leverholic :confused: well all my life I guess. Im born raised in S. AL. That's all I got to say bout that.
Im a one marlin man. I hunt/shoot exclusively my 1895GS the others are on standby only to be shot when she let's me down so I guess they're safe queens.

All JM marlins:
Marlin 444p
Marlin 45-70p
Marlin 45-70gs-p
Marlin 450p
1895GS 45-70
1895cowboy 45-70
1895GSLTD 45-70
1895 XLR 450
1895 XLR 338
1894 44mag
Marlin 410 lever gun
Several 30-30's
Just to name a few:)

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! I thought I had a lot of levers:eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I have a big bore problem. Ruger #1's in 375ruger, 45-70 & 458win also. BTW there is no dangerous game in S. AL.:D

·
Registered
560 Posts
WELCOME Russell. You're list of levers probably brightened some folks day! A few may be a bit envious, too! Did you notice the tide seeming lower with Talladega going on this weekend. Daughter and son-in-law there with the other umpteen thousand NASCAR nutz. Just wondering if it changes the center of gravity of AL A BAMA?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually I represent .001% of Alabamians. I don't watch NASCAR and could care less who wins the iron bowl :). I'd rather be outdoors.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Hey ya Russell. Welcome to the Marlin Forum. Glad to have you join us.
Really nice list of lever guns.

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
Question?? Am I missing something? Rifles for sale section has very few listings and half are last years.
Welcome to the forum from North Alabama! You could rectify that problem by posting a few of yours!!!! lol Now you know why there are just a few.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good point. I thought about listing my 1895gsltd here but listed it on another sight because of the lack of for sale rifles seemed odd. Figured I'd feel it out more first. I've gotten a ruger no1 bug in me and am considering selling a couple marlins that have been in the box for to many years.

·
Registered
725 Posts
russell4570
Bloody Hell Mate
Doing a fair bit of "crowing"
Why so many rifles, of the same Calibre ,and not use them ?
You a dealer ?
Or, have you got your finger in the Vaseline Jar a bit too much ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not a dealer. I dont consider myself a collector. I'm an 45-70 enthusiest I guess. More of an obsession with the 45-70 itself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts