Marlin Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
1,241 Posts
I just joined up and 'aka' said maybe you guys can help me identify my Dad's Marlin. I'm so sorry but all I have is lousy cell phone pictures that probably won't help you at all but I will post them anyway.

This is what is printed on the Marlin in question.
The Marlin Firearms Co. New Haven, Conn S.A. Est. 1875
Model 81-DL .22 cal-S-L-LR

And here are the lousy pictures. I know it is a very old rifle. I have never seen sights like this Marlin has, but then again, I am quite a newby to the gun world. Also, I have removed the rust from this rifle with 0000 steel wool dipped in some oil. I have also learned to undo 'that big screw' and take the barrel off the stock to further clean the barrel.
Windy, breaking it down, it's a Model 81, the DL could mean deluxe, but i will have to check further for sure. 22 rimfire and shoots shorts, longs and long rifle cartridges.

looks like you did a fantastic job cleaning it up! good job. maybe some of our more knowledgeable members will chime in and help us determine more information on that rifle.

· Banned
1,241 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.