new Marlins

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by tracker1, May 28, 2014.

1. tracker1

tracker1 Member

I had a GG years ago and really liked it but had to sell it. I have been thinking of getting a new one and that Big Loop model really looks great. but on here and other places I have been reading a few negative comments, mostly on the Remington company buy Marlin some time ago. can someone bring me up to speed on the new Marlin GG?
    I always planned on buying one one day but never though I would run into this.

2. tracker1

tracker1 Member

I at this point am less likely to buy a Marlin, its too much money to roll the dice.

3. Nogoat

Nogoat Well-Known Member

My Xl7 is well built, fine work for a low cost gun. My 94 44 that was made by Marlin back in the 70s came with terrible finish on the stock and forearm which they warranted. My point all manufactures can miss some on the quality control.

Sent from my iPhone using Marlin Forum

4. tracker1

tracker1 Member

I bought my new GGBL today. its a great looking gun, I really like it. the bolt wants to stick every now and then but after I put a little oil on it and cycled it a bit its much better. it will probably be ok after after a little cycling and shooting. I like this one much better than my old standard GG.

5. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

How does the fit and finish look on it?

6. tracker1

tracker1 Member

the fit and finish look great. I am really glad I bought it now.

7. Snubshooter

Snubshooter New Member

Just don't buy unless you actually handle and inspect THE RIFLE FIRST. Don't do the "Here's a sample, the real rifle is in a warehouse, we process the purchase and you pu the rifle in a week" thing. This way you know if the fit and finish is fine. Cycle it a few times, look for misalignment of the sights ETC. You should be OK.

8. KS95B40

KS95B40 Active Member

Very good advice. My Remington made Guide Gun looks good and shoots great. It was the best of three that the dealer had in stock. I've seen several others that were just awful.
    Good ones are definitely out there but I would not buy one sight unseen.

9. jbaker30

jbaker30 Active Member

Exactly, follow this advice and you will be fine.