Marlin Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
HEY GATOR,you have one of the nicest marlin collections ive seen unless your trading guns to get other guns.As far as the 35 rem bullets bouncing you are correct!the bullet that tore through this buck last november bounced off a beech tree 10 feet beyond the deer lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
HEY GATOR,you have one of the nicest marlin collections ive seen unless your trading guns to get other guns.As far as the 35 rem bullets bouncing you are correct!the bullet that tore through this buck last november bounced off a beech tree 10 feet beyond the deer lol!

Still have all the marlins I have bought. Except fpr A 1950 336A in .35 rem I sold last year. Must have been nuts!

Not A clue who made the mount. The scope is A Monoscope made in japan, 3-9x40 ??? I have bought 2 rifles with Monoscopes on them both from the same store.Never heard of them before. Anyone hear of them?

Nice Deer there Deerhog! You sure that ain't a 30-30?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey there gator! no my rifle is not a 30/30, it is a 1955 rc in 35rem.I swapped out the forestock with a later model because I like the feel of a thinner forestock.I still have the original that goes with the gun.Man,I love your collection, I have been looking at your guns on another forum for a while now.I would be divorced if I acted in a similar fashion lol!

·
Registered
111 Posts
deerhog, I like your avatar, nicer than the one on the tracks.
Nice deer, too bad about that poor beech tree.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey there gator! no my rifle is not a 30/30, it is a 1955 rc in 35rem.I swapped out the forestock with a later model because I like the feel of a thinner forestock.I still have the original that goes with the gun.Man,I love your collection, I have been looking at your guns on another forum for a while now.I would be divorced if I acted in a similar fashion lol!

So would I if she saw them all at the same time. Keep yer safe locked!:D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Still have all the marlins I have bought. Except fpr A 1950 336A in .35 rem I sold last year. Must have been nuts!

Not A clue who made the mount. The scope is A Monoscope made in japan, 3-9x40 ??? I have bought 2 rifles with Monoscopes on them both from the same store.Never heard of them before. Anyone hear of them?

Nice Deer there Deerhog! You sure that ain't a 30-30?
Gaterskiner,
Monoscopes were sold in the US by Compass Instrument & Optical Co. Inc. New York 104 E. 25th st. New York 10, from 1958 to 1965.
Sold through mail order houses, including Herders.
Terry

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
This brings a question to mine.
I have a 1981 model 336 with a straight stock.
It's marked an the barrel, "Model 336". There isn't any suffix.
Is it a Texan :confused: It is a 30-30. My .35 Rem. is marked as a 336CS.

I'll attach a picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey ,anybody having trouble logging on to mo forum?when I try to log on a different page comes up I have never seen.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
So would I if she saw them all at the same time. Keep yer safe locked!:D
Gatorskiner passes along excellent advice in this quote related to the divorce rate and keeping your safe locked. I also stick with blued guns as stainless and nickel would be dead giveaways that something new has been added to the collection.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
As long as the bills are paid and we have extra $ in the bank, my wife doesn't care how many I buy, sell or trade.
She is a real gem and I'm going to keep her. :D ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
This brings a question to mine.
I have a 1981 model 336 with a straight stock.
It's marked an the barrel, "Model 336". There isn't any suffix.
Is it a Texan :confused: It is a 30-30. My .35 Rem. is marked as a 336CS.

I'll attach a picture.
That gun looks new, not thirty years old. And it has exceptional wood!
Terry

21 - 40 of 41 Posts