New toy

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by oldbrass, Aug 19, 2014.

1. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

Citidel 1911, sweetest trigger I`ve ever seen on a 1911,crisp break with adjustable creep (there ain`t none) It fired ball and HP without a hickup and quite accurate for plain sights..Gonna just put some sight paint on them is all.AND it has an ambi safety which is a nice feature for us Lefties.Its made by AMSCOR the same folks that make rock Island Arsenol from original colt Machinery..Its a solid gun, $489 OTD hard to beat

Attached Files:

2. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

A good 1911 for under five hundred bucks! I'm gonna look into that. Thanks

3. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Did some research, that's a well built firearm! I wonder how the compact model would hold up.

4. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

The toy store has sold quite a few and folks like them, no issues thus far with any of there citidels..

5. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

I see no need for anymore guns. I cannot shoot all the ones I have now, but, I NEED a 223/5.56 and a 1911. Just because...Nice Citadel. I am squinting oneyed at a RIA Officers Model. Just like my first girlfriend, I held her I squeezed her and wanted her for my own. Then she started shootin off...never mind.

Changed my mind...I want the adjustable sight Match model.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...mory+1911A1+Match+45ACP+Adjustable+Sights+8+1

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  6. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

That is a beauty. Oldbrass, you done well.
    Always liked the 1911 platform. It's a time tested classic design.

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Very nice old brass...

8. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

The Citidel and Rock Island TAC 1911s are the same gun with a few cosmetic differences and a few bucks more. Both Model 70 inards. Different roll mark, Citidel has slide serrations, comes with a little upgraded wood grips, and a different Importer. Otherwise same gun. And you are right about the triggers, Best out of the box of any brand. Both are the BEST VALUE of any 1911.