Marlin Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
What are your thoughts on the older Marlins made in New Haven and today's productions? Grew up with my trusty 30-30 and won't trade that for the world. I am looking into a 45-70 and would love feedback.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
What are your thoughts on the older Marlins made in New Haven and today's productions? Grew up with my trusty 30-30 and won't trade that for the world. I am looking into a 45-70 and would love feedback.
I have the 1895 GBL 45-70 and it is no more than a year from having been made. It shoots perfect, it cycles perfect, all of the parts are in great shape and nothing has shook loose. I put a Wild West Trigger on it and it is my Hog Hunting gun. Nothing I can say bad about a NEW Marlin.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate your reply. I have the same rifle on hold and is the one I'm looking at purchasing this week.

Can you tell me what you are using for optics and or sights? I'm thinking of a peep sight and or a scout optic.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I appreciate your reply. I have the same rifle on hold and is the one I'm looking at purchasing this week.

Can you tell me what you are using for optics and or sights? I'm thinking of a peep sight and or a scout optic.
I have a Bushnell Trophy XLT Shotgun scope on mine. I went with Leupould mounts and rings and it has never had to be re zeroed or shaken off of the gun at all. I did the one piece mount and the rings directly to it. The scope sits right down almost on the barrel. This one.

http://www.bushnell.com/all-product...xlt/1-75-4x-32mm-matte-black-circle-x-reticle

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very cool. I like the blued better than the stainless as well. Again thanks for your input and taking the time. Looks good!

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bought my 45-70 GBL today... Ordered the sight rail with the peep sight... Now considering optics. Any advise is appreciated

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks... Have not shot it yet but I did order a custom leather shell carrier... found it on eBay(seller is pattym28) ... very reasonable and beautiful leather work. i went with the plain deep brown. I also bought a XS Ghost Ring Sight with high-vis front post. Scout Scope Mount...

·
Registered
853 Posts
Very Nice.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice looking piece. If you are interested there is a guy on EBay makes a leather shell carrier... Nice work

1 - 20 of 27 Posts