Marlin Forums banner

NO licence to Conceal carry in Missouri !!

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  28Shooter 
#1 ·
The Missouri Senate and House have passed a bill to remove the requirement for a licence to Carry a weapon concealed. It passed both chambers with enough votes to over ride a Veto by our Dem gov. He has said he hasnt decieded weather to Veto the bill or not. Not signing a passed bill or getting Vetoed results in the same thing, it becomes law.

I have mixed feelings on it. I am concerned that a LOT of states that now allow Missouri CCW holders to do so in their state may be at risk ?? I hope not.

What is needed is a Supreme Court Ruling that makes it binding across the US.

#3 ·
Missouri now has "NO LICENCE" for concealed carry !!

As expected the Govenors veto of the bill took place yesterday. It was a landslide vote in both houses of the Mo. capital. Along with the Consitutional Carry is a set of expanded protections for use of deadly force both on private and public property.

#5 ·
I believe the SC has already stated they are not going to rule on this for all the states. The 2nd Adm is there, its up to each state to use it. Missouri like some other states have elected the Representives of the majority of citizens to enact laws that reflect the majority of the people. I think its best to leave the Feds out of it. Once its a Fed law then if the majority of the state or the whole nation for that matter changes you have no recourse. Just look at the IRS for example, among others. If your state dosnt afford the kinds of goverment that suits you then all have several options to remedy it.

#6 ·
Maybe other states will follow suit once they get their heads out their hind ends. I am really surprised this even got passed since about every Constitution right has been mostly stripped away.
Strange how they use the thought the 2nd can be ignored by the states because the 2nd was written for federal control only. What a crock when the Constitution states it is the law of the land. The states are the land. The people believe whatever gets shoved in their face. Law of the land and shall not be infringed nullifies the states belief that they are not controlled by the Constitution 2nd Amendment.

#7 ·
An update on this issue. As expected the Mo. house and senate overrode the Gov. veto and it has taken effect. Missouri now has Constitutional Carry. No permit required. I will keep my CC permit as it is required in other states to CC.

#8 ·
An update on this issue. As expected the Mo. house and senate overrode the Gov. veto and it has taken effect. Missouri now has Constitutional Carry. No permit required. I will keep my CC permit as it is required in other states to CC.
SW, does this mean residents of other states also can cc w/o permit, or just MO residents?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.