Marlin Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back home yesterday afternoon from helping my brother in law cut fire wood. We cut, split, and stacked another cord. Good seasoned white oak.

When I came in my wife handed me a note to call this #, she said something about a raffle. I called and it was my LGS brother who is a shrine member. I had purchased a raffle ticket (3 for $5) some time ago and had forgotten about it, I NEVER win nothin !! WELLLL I Won. A Savage 93 .17 HMR, Stainless Steel, with grey lamanate stock, heavy barrel with a 3X9 scope ....... :eek:

Just what I need, something else I dont want or need. When it rains, it pours. He reminded me there is another drawing next week for a Ruger m77 in .308. I have chances on it also, now that I would like. Guess I will wait and see who gets that one and MAYBE a trade ...... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A trip to the LGS this morning and the Savage 93 .17 HMR has been flipped to this: Savage Mark II TR/wood stock

Attachments

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
A trip to the LGS this morning and the Savage 93 .17 HMR has been flipped to this: Savage Mark II TR/wood stock
Patiently awaiting the range report. ;)
That should be a very accurate rifle.
Curious if you will take time to rework the stock? Another project waiting in the wings???

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I shoot its twin now. Wanted another one with a little better stock for bench. I will do some work on it. Just hoping this one is as good as the other Mark II. Here is what mine does now. This is a target from when I was testing different ammo. Granted I dont shoot those groups consistently. But the gun holds its own in matches. I am looking at a 40X target scope that Optics Planet has on sale and FREE SHIPPING.

That lot of RWS R-50 I have been using is great. I am down to half a box left but have 2 bricks of another lot. But you never know, it may be as good, worse, or better.

Attachments

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
This is the true reason I +1'd. The last post.
I'm really Santa Clause!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is the true reason I +1'd. The last post.
I'm really Santa Clause!
Great to know Gumpy, can I send my list to your facebook site ???

Oh, and since you are the REAL one, also included will be the receipts for this years Presents I will give in Your Name ........ :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
Got back home yesterday afternoon from helping my brother in law cut fire wood. We cut, split, and stacked another cord. Good seasoned white oak.

When I came in my wife handed me a note to call this #, she said something about a raffle. I called and it was my LGS brother who is a shrine member. I had purchased a raffle ticket (3 for $5) some time ago and had forgotten about it, I NEVER win nothin !! WELLLL I Won. A Savage 93 .17 HMR, Stainless Steel, with grey lamanate stock, heavy barrel with a 3X9 scope ....... :eek:

Just what I need, something else I dont want or need. When it rains, it pours. He reminded me there is another drawing next week for a Ruger m77 in .308. I have chances on it also, now that I would like. Guess I will wait and see who gets that one and MAYBE a trade ...... :rolleyes:

Dang...and I paid for my bull barrel and it ain't even stainless! CONGRATS on your timely change in luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts