Ok what do I need

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by FOUR4D4, Feb 8, 2012.

1. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

Four, if the weather is cooperative this weekend, i aam going to try again to do some shooting as last weekend it rained and i wasn't able to. i've got about 40 in 7mm-08 loaded, about 60 in 308, 30 in 7mm Rem. Mag., 30 in 25-06, 30 in 270, and about 50 in 204 Ruger to try out. should be enough for a full weekend of shooting! i will let you know what type of results i get with the 270 later on.

2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

Thank You Axxe.I just received my scope back from Weaver that wouldn't hold zero.Low and behold they sent me a brand new K-6 scope well worth the 6 week wait.Thats going on my 336c in .35rem, after bore sighting and a trip to the range. I'm going hunting Hogs' anybody load for .35 Remington or should I take my 444S un-scoped

3. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

the 35 Remington is another caliber i would love to try out. that caliber just isn't mainstream in my area, so they tend to be few and far between. it has been on my to find list for several years, and i have scoured the gun stores, pawn shops and gun shows, with no luck so far. maybe one day i will find one at a price i can't live without!

take the 35 Remington! and the 444 for backup!

4. Roan444

Roan444 New Member

FOUR, in the .35 you would do well to start with 37g IMR 3031; or my favorite, 31g Reloader 7.

Reloader 7 is a great powder in the .35 and .444. Nice dies!

PS, missed you in Church lately buddy, wondered where you'd been... Now I know!

5. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

Church not that place :rolleyes: thanks for the dies

6. aka

aka Well-Known Member

I have a 10-10 scale also. However I am ready to cross the digital divide. They are realiable and accurate to the 10000th. Push button zero. Why wouldn't I? I'm old but not old fashion.
    A reloading manual is esscential to any reloader.
    For $10 bucks of money well spent. Buy the Lee powder dipper set with the powder measuring slide scale. This is a purchase you won't regret. I have many items I have bought and can't figure out why I did. This I use nearly every loading session.
    Remember reloading is addicting

7. JesterGrin_1

JesterGrin_1 Active Member

Ok here is the main thing I have noticed about Electronic Scales. And that is on lots of informative posts on the subject more times than not they will check there Electronic Scales against the Manual ones like the RCBS 10-10. So right there shows a lack of trust in the Electronic Scales. So again until I find some better recommendations for the Electronic Scales and there use I will stay with my Lowly None Electronic Manual Scale.

On the Subject lol. I am going back to Prime some 45-70 Brass I just got through sizing. :)