Marlin Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oldest son made a decision and will be studying civil engineering at the University of Maine in Orono, ME this fall. He received a scholarship offer to match in state tuition rates and will also participate in the Honors College on campus. He was torn between the Univesity of New Hampshire and UMaine and cannot say one negative thing about UNH, the feeling he had on the Maine campus and the simple fact it is out of state were the driving factors.

Big changes coming around here and in general an exciting time of life.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
My oldest son made a decision and will be studying civil engineering at the University of Maine in Orono, ME this fall. He received a scholarship offer to match in state tuition rates and will also participate in the Honors College on campus. He was torn between the Univesity of New Hampshire and UMaine and cannot say one negative thing about UNH, the feeling he had on the Maine campus and the simple fact it is out of state were the driving factors.

That's nothin. I decided I am having green ham and eggs for breakfast tomorrow.

Sincerely, congrats to you and your son. It is a big commitment. I got committed once...but that was not my fault.:eek:

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Congrates :)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hey Matt,

Good for him!

Hope he enjoys a rewarding career!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Congratulations. It warms the soul to see our children embark on the path to a successful & rewarding future.

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
My son's major was in Civil Engineering at Alabama University. He's now working for the State of Alabama as a civil engineer and makes pretty good money.

·
Administrator
819 Posts

Congrats to your son on his big decision!

Civil Engineering is no small task. I wish him the best!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts