Marlin Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new here, but figured it'd be the best place to ask this question. To my surprise, I found a Marlin Mod 25 stashed away up in the rafters of my attic. It appears to be a 1971 model, and was probably up there for decades? Anyway, the owner apparently did some DIY work, and made a stock for it. It doesn't look so great, so I was thinking of trying to restore it. At this point, should I try to find an original, or are there more modern, aftermarket stocks that would fit? It appears he made his own trigger guard, too, so I will need that. Any tips would be appreciated! Amazingly, the gun appears to be in great shape.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'm guessing he probably made that, too. I wonder if it would work with the original stock. If not, I'm guessing I'd need to buy a stock, trigger and trigger guard to put it back to it's original form. Not sure if it's worth the trouble since I've only done basic stuff to other guns like changing some springs in a revolver, and putting a new trigger in my Hellcat (which actually turned out to be more involved than I thought). What would be the best place to buy parts for this Model 25?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts