Well acutually I started yesterday. Took the chainsaw and cleared brush behind where the target frames will go. Today was 60 deg. and sunny so fired up the skid loader and started moving dirt. Cleared off the burn pile spot first. Used that for the base of the pistol range backstop and started one for the 100 yd. rifle range right next to it also. The backstop will be dirt, sloped at 1':1'. The base is 12' wide so it will be 12' high. 4' wide at the top. I just got past the topsoil today. On down I hit CLAY....Thats good, and no rocks so far. The pile is about 5.5' high and thats all I can get with the little skid loader. The bucket won't get any higher. Hopefully tomorrow I will break out the "BIG MACHINE", The front loader. It has a bucket over 3 times bigger and will go up about 15'. AND MORE POWER.... I am clearing around 20 yards back and 15' wide. It still has about a 6" slope from left to right so I have Plenty of dirt. First two pics show the backstop area. The small trees in front of the backstop dirt pile will be trimmed off at about 6-7' and the front of the dirt will slope over them to the top. Should help to hold it from slumping....for a while. Third pic is where my burn pile was and is where the Range/Shooting house will go. I'm thinking right now it will be 12' long and 8' deep. It will have a covered porch over the two lane shooting benches. I'm still thinkin and might put in three lanes. The 15 yards will be leveled from the line to the targets and 1" white rock spread about 3" deep. I have obtained plans off the Internet for mechanical target frames that we will use for Bulleyes matches. Material list has them at about $25 each. I will want something a little more sturdy and after modifications will probley come in around $50. But still a lot cheaper than thousands for commercial ones. They will operate manually to start, with steel cables and pullys ran from the frames back to the shooting house.