Please keep me in your prayers

Discussion in 'Prayers and Well Wishes' started by hombre243, Feb 17, 2013.

1. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

I have no details but this morning I got a 6 am wake up call telling me the Pastor of the little church I just started attending has somehow been killed. I got an email from an aunt and my Uncle has died also, and yesterday I read that my old friend and former landlord from when I lived in Moline has died in Phoenix.
    My heart is screaming in pain over the deaths of these special people. Please keep me in your prayers.
    Thanks
    ron

As bad as I feel, my pain is nothing compared to the pain felt by the friends and family members who lost a loved one. Now that my head has cleared a bit, I realized I left them out of my prayer request. Please include them in your prayers.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  2. jcalonso

jcalonso Member

I am very sorry for your loss. I know it must be terrible. Just hang on to The Lord Jesus he will see you through.

'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' Isaiah 41:10

3. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

4. dads81-DL

dads81-DL Well-Known Member

So sorry hombre, Prayers for you and you family and friends

5. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. Will keep you in my prayers.
    May God strengthen you thru this time of trial.
    I'll refrain from words of wisdom at this time.
    Just know that we care deeply and you have friends here that are praying for you.

6. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

I'm sorry for your loss also. It's hard to find words of comfort in times like this, but know we are here for you.

7. hombre243

Thank you all.

My Uncle died of natural causes. His health was failing for quite some time. My friend in Phoenix was a longtime friend who I rented an apartment from back in about 96-2001. My Pastor had a second job...delivering newspapers. He was delivering a rural route and had an accident and died at the scene. Strange how this was all related to me...all at once. Usually I hear the news pretty quick. My uncle died on Monday, my friend in Phoenix...2 days ago and my Pastor died this morning. I was called about him at 6 am Sunday; I got up and booted the puter and got an email from my aunt telling me about Unk. I went to check out the backhome paper obits...habit of mine...and saw my old landlord's obit. I got all 3 bricks right in the kisser...all at once. It was quite a shock so I appreciate all the support.

Thanks one and all.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  8. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Hombre;
    This one is for you.
    I pray that you find comfort in the words.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9YqAYAbtBI[/ame]

9. hombre243

Bow the Knee

Thanks Grey, I needed that. I appreciate all the heartfelt comments and encouragement, from you and all of those who have responded.

10. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Prayers sent .

11. hombre243

Thank you

Thanks '94

12. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

prayers sent hombre, Sorry for your loss but I`m happy you had the chance to have these wonderful people in your life and you in there`s..I don`t know the lords plan but he has one for all of us...hang in there buddy and call me anytime if you need to talk to someone...
    (253) 579-3870 Ken

13. hombre243

Thank you for the support

Thanks Brass. I knew my Uncle was getting old and he was suffering with Alzheimer's. My friend/landlord had moved after he retired and I couldn't find out where to. I handled those ok.

I think the shock about my Pastor was worst.
    I had just started attending his church regularly and I got the 6 am wake up call...5 hours before church service. I couldn't get my head around it. Still can't. I appreciate all the sentiments sent. It has helped more than y'all know.

One of these days I will call. It will be great to be able to put a voice to the name.

Again, thanks.

14. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

So sorry for your losses and condolences to the families. Will definitely put you on my prayer list Hombre.

15. oldbrass

Hombre I see your from Tyler TX. I stopped in that town quite a few times on my way from FT Polk,LA to Houston on family visits. always liked stopping there its a nice place

16. hombre243

Living in Tyler

I moved to rural Tyler a few months ago...so far I am believing it is temporary. Hopefully I can find a place of my own. Tyler seems like an ok place but I like the country too. I have a hard time adjusting to a new place but I also get all antsy staying in one place more than 5-6 years. Hopefully, I will get settled in soon.

17. oldbrass

I didn`t buy my first house til I was 48. Before that it was hotels and bars doin welding contracts, before that the military.....Not everyone is meant to settle down anyway, there`s nothin wrong with bein a professional drfter HAHA...Now when I get ants in my pants I fire up my scooter and take a trip with the wind in my face..