Powder measure died

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by oldbrass, Nov 15, 2014.

1. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

My trusty lee powder measure kicked the bucket this morning, leaks like a salt shaker and binds up,getting up to .5 grain variance..took it apart and cleaned it and no help, It`s been a good measure that`s thrown thousands of charges..Will get another LEE or perhaps splurge for an RCBS Uni-flow

Attached Files:

2. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

They just dont make stuff like they use to ...... LOL

3. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Never heard of the Lee Powder Measure failing. Guess it happens if you use it long enough.
    If you can afford a RCBS, it might be a better investment even though it is 3X the price. Sounds like you will use it a lot. May pay for itself in the long run.
    I bought my Lee because of the price and the adjustable cylindrical incrementing for the 38 special. Same as the RCBS. I don't see myself loading thousands of 38 spl. rounds.
    My #55 Idea has sliding bars on a horizontal cylinder. Good for rifle rounds but not so accurate for much smaller pistol loads.
    [​IMG]

4. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

I weigh every powder charge, no matter what.
    Guaranteed to be consistent, and accurate.
    Then again, if it's leaking, it's time for a new one

Initially I had an RCBS reloading kit, but over the years I have changed a few things, and got better results

Cheers Bucky

5. oldbrass

I weigh all rifle charges...high volume pistol loading I use the measure, I load under max charge to keep it safe

6. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

oldbrass

And I suppose the Powder's physical attributes have a fair bit to play, when loading volumes of bullets.
    Ball, and/or really fine powder, being your preference ?

7. oldbrass

Unique for pistol