Marlin Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trusty lee powder measure kicked the bucket this morning, leaks like a salt shaker and binds up,getting up to .5 grain variance..took it apart and cleaned it and no help, It`s been a good measure that`s thrown thousands of charges..Will get another LEE or perhaps splurge for an RCBS Uni-flow

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
My trusty lee powder measure kicked the bucket this morning, leaks like a salt shaker and binds up,getting up to .5 grain variance..took it apart and cleaned it and no help, It`s been a good measure that`s thrown thousands of charges..Will get another LEE or perhaps splurge for an RCBS Uni-flow
They just dont make stuff like they use to ...... LOL

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Never heard of the Lee Powder Measure failing. Guess it happens if you use it long enough.
If you can afford a RCBS, it might be a better investment even though it is 3X the price. Sounds like you will use it a lot. May pay for itself in the long run.
I bought my Lee because of the price and the adjustable cylindrical incrementing for the 38 special. Same as the RCBS. I don't see myself loading thousands of 38 spl. rounds.
My #55 Idea has sliding bars on a horizontal cylinder. Good for rifle rounds but not so accurate for much smaller pistol loads.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I weigh every powder charge, no matter what.
Guaranteed to be consistent, and accurate.
Then again, if it's leaking, it's time for a new one

Initially I had an RCBS reloading kit, but over the years I have changed a few things, and got better results

Cheers Bucky

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I weigh every powder charge, no matter what.
Guaranteed to be consistent, and accurate.
Then again, if it's leaking, it's time for a new one

Initially I had an RCBS reloading kit, but over the years I have changed a few things, and got better results

Cheers Bucky
I weigh all rifle charges...high volume pistol loading I use the measure, I load under max charge to keep it safe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts