Marlin Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We had quite an ice storm in western Washington,I`ve seen freezing rain but not the whole dang storm before. It really raised cain with the grid,snapped a ton of trees,Got a generator but only a half tank of fuel,thank god for the coleman .. Lesson learned I guess,I`m keeping 20 gallons on stanby just for the generator from now on. still 100,000 + in the dark

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation.
Our hope & prayer is that it will be over soon without any lasting effects.
Several years ago we had a bad ice storm that killed power to the rural areas for 6-7 days. We were only out here in town for 36 hours but it gave us reason to be better prepared.
Hang in there. For all things there is a season and this too will pass.

·
Registered
853 Posts
You guys down in Texas gotta worry about the power going out in August. If a T-storm leaves you without power for 2-3 days you 'all will melt.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
You guys down in Texas gotta worry about the power going out in August. If a T-storm leaves you without power for 2-3 days you 'all will melt.
What he said.
Makes you wonder how their grand parents ever survived?????????? :p

I'm not BIG into the SHTF thing but I do believe it is good to be prepared for most situations. After the Ice Storm back in 2004, we had a Free Standing Natural Gas Stove installed for emergency heat. We keep extra food on hand and a variety of camping gear & supplies. Worst case, we could move into our small travel trailer.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I had that happen in my youth. We had a generator, but wouldn't you know it a limited supply of gas.

What he said.
Makes you wonder how their grand parents ever survived?????????? :p

I'm not BIG into the SHTF thing but I do believe it is good to be prepared for most situations. After the Ice Storm back in 2004, we had a Free Standing Natural Gas Stove installed for emergency heat. We keep extra food on hand and a variety of camping gear & supplies. Worst case, we could move into our small travel trailer.
To hear my Grandparents tell it, they didn't know any better but wouldn't live without it ever again.

·
Registered
345 Posts
We've been starting on stocking up on some stuff.
Last year was the first time we tried canning . Got some peaches and jalapeno jelly .
Got a dehydrator last year and done some assorted fruits and veggies with that as well .
Trying to stock up on stuff that lasts without fridge or freezer.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
I keep all my camping stuff in plastic tote just in case.These item come in handy in the time of a power outage.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Lord I wonder what will happen when that meteor reaches the earths atmosphere?
Well i guess what ever happens, happens! :cool:

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
I'm preparing for the next politician to get elected. Because I'm sick of Americans fighting one another like a bunch of school kids.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Used to be 50+ year old conservatives didn't go down to the Mall in DC for rallies and if I go on the 24th, it'll be my third one. Two "tea parties" and Beck's get together at the Lincoln Memorial - great times with good people!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.