Marlin Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read on a rimfire benchrest site that Zanders Warehouse (the US importer for Eley ammo) is having a price reduction. Seems they have way to much of it (what a problem). It was posted by a distributor of it so I believe it true. He said much of it hasnt even been tested by anyone. Thats great for a lot of shooters, BUT just so happens my rifle dosnt like ELEY ..... :(

·
Banned
5,718 Posts
I own two Marlin rimfire rifles ( Marlin 80C & Model 60 Glenfield ) that just love Eley Tenex...

I will have to check that site...Thanks for the heads up SWO1 !!

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shooter .... here is a useful tool for Eley shooters. Eley has provided a "LOT ANALYZLER" . It gives a lot of useful data for all lots of many flavors back to 2015. All you have to do is provide the entire lot# and it tells you all kinds of useful data. A lot of match shooters are looking at "shot distribution". Thats the spread from dead center of their tests. Of course you have to have some before you can get the lot #s. Take a look at it and see. Here is the link. The link to the shot analyzler is on the front page.

https://www.eleyammunition.com/

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like SK 22LR. The Standard is good stuff, but the Standard Plus is wicked!

Graf and Sons has the Standard Plus on sale this Saturday during their 60th anniversary in business sale.
Are you referring to SK Magazine as "Standard" ?

SK loaded by Lapua is:

Rifle Match
Standard Plus ( didnt make the quality control/group test of Rifle Match)
Magazine ( another level of quality below Standard Plus)

Pistol Match
Pistol Match Special (a different loading than Pistol Match, higher velocity)

Biathlon - Another different loading for cold weather

I have had some Standard Plus that shot better than most Rifle Match. I did however find than in my factory gun that Rifle Match overall was better.

Also Wolf .22 is the same as a couple loading of SK:

Wolf Match Extra (Same as SK Rifle Match)
Wolf Match Target (Same as SK Standard Plus)
Its the same ammo just in a different box for export purposes

The variances between the two are in Lot production as is found in all ammo.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good shootin flash ...... its good to find an ammo your gun likes. You should try the Magazine. Couple of guys shoot it a a club I shoot at. Does pretty well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts