Putting Glenfield 75 back together?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by herlihyboy, May 14, 2013.

1. herlihyboy

herlihyboy New Member

So, my son has an old Glenfield 75 that he got from my dad. First, let me say that I'm a complete novice when it comes to firearms, but I'm open to learning. It wasn't firing correctly, so we broke it down to see if there was anything obviously wrong with it.

As I was working with it, the lower receiver (think that's what it's called) separated. It's the part that's sandwiched between two steel pieces. So, now I have a handful of pieces and no clue where to start on putting this back together.

Is this something that a novice can learn or am I better off taking it to a shop to have them reassemble it for me? I would like to do it myself unless you all say it's not something a newbie should take on and I'm asking for more headaches than I want.

If you all recommend giving it a shot and can point me to anything that would help me out (video, schematics, etc.), I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Do you have a picture of the pieces?How far did you tear it down?

>
    <

Last edited: May 14, 2013

3. herlihyboy

herlihyboy New Member

Thanks for your reply and sorry it took a while to get the pictures. I have attached a couple of pictures that show the pieces I have. If anyone has the same rifle, and could post some pictures of the lower receiver (intact), I work pretty well from pictures and diagrams.

I truly appreciate the support.

Ryan

Attached Files:

4. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Pocket screws!!! lol Welcome to the forum.

5. brokenfeather

brokenfeather Member

Did you ever get the glenfield put back together. I have the exact same gun that worked. Was having some issues took it apart and have a problem reassembling it should have taken a picture of it assembled but didn't. Do you have a picture of yours back together?
    Thanks
    Don

6. brokenfeather

brokenfeather Member

Got it back together. I had the disconnect pin in the wrong hole. All is good now.

7. brokenfeather

brokenfeather Member

Awaiting parts

Waiting on some parts before finial assembly but sure glad the problem is resolved. Never assume you know what you are doing.

8. TINCANBANDIT

TINCANBANDIT Active Member

Sometimes you just need to walk away from a project like that, come back in an hour with a clear head and it will all come together :)

9. Lilwoody

Lilwoody Member

Believe it or not I'll guarantee there is a youtube video on how to put that back together properly. It's down righ amazing the amount of assembly/disassembly videos for guns on youtube.

10. brokenfeather

brokenfeather Member

Here is a picture of the correct and incorrect assembly of the receiver. The one on the right is correctly assembled. If more pictures are needed let me know.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015