Marlin Forums banner

Racoon problem in residential area

5K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  RIFLEMAN97 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
How do I get rid of two problem raccoons that my neighbor is feeding with cat food?

#2 ·
Shoot the neighbor...or rent a havaheart trap and use some tuna as bait. Then eat the ****...preferably with homemade noodles. But roast **** is pretty good too. :D

#5 ·
The Aguila .22 LR Super Calibri will take out a raccoon (I've killed 2) with less noise than a pellet gun; no powder in the cartridge but the primer does a great job of propelling the bullet adequately at short range...my Golden Retriever doesn't know she'd get her butt torn up in a fight with one- I live in an urban community and my neighbors never hear a shot...

#7 ·
***** are out day and night. Doesn't have to be anything wrong with them. With all the rain, could be they just got flooded out. When I lived in the city we would have ***** comin and going from the storm drains all the time. They are easy to trap with a live trap. A can of tuna and some corn in a bowl and they will gladly dine at the table you have set for them. You dispose of them as you see fit. Why are you worried about them? Are they damaging your property?

#9 ·
They will want your coonfession

Well we haven't had a lot of rain since like 2 weeks ago, it's been hot and humid. Ill try my pellet gun first
And when you wound the animal and the neighbor sees that someone has shot the animals they are feeding, you may be asked if you know anything about it. If they are not damaging your property you should ignore them. It may be better to report the neighbor who is attracting the raccoons by feeding them. It is the neighbor who is creating the nuisance.

#12 ·
Depends upon WHICH STATE you reside. Don't reckon anyone around here, outside of a couple "country clubbers" with noses pointing a bit too high would really care...or even notice. Urban ***** can be active at anytime. If they've already been 'baptized' into the welfare way. They'll come to the food source whenever they get a whiff. Hate to see them go to waste, they do make some pretty good eats if it's not an old boar and the grand matriarch. Noticed a strange fur ball and thought it was another cat this morning ~ 0900 Twas a small ground hog nosing around the steps to the kid's company office this morning. Not the right place for harvesting with a center-fire pistol right in the 'middle of town', beside not legal unless animal is confirmable as a nuisance, in which case...termination is allowed IAW MO Dept of Conservation regs. SO in MO...if your raccoons are nuisances and you've reported them for extrication via Havahart cage trap and no action by Animal Control or the Game Warden after 3-7 days, I'd feel no obligation to be concerned about punching their ticket to the pot for a parboil and onto the grill :D A subsonic will humanely dispatch even a big old ****.

#14 ·
Pest control in an urban area is tough at best, due to firearm laws prohibiting the discharge of any firearm within city limits.

Traps and poison are permitted by law in some areas...and any advice taken off a public forum should be compared to local city ordinances before being utilized.

Always know the law before utilizing any destructive device or substance for pest control...

#16 ·
Trouble brewing with poison! What IF a neighbor's cat/pup happened to get loose and take the bait before the ***** get to it. What other critters could you possibly be responsible for terminating with a poisoned bait?

Call, give em a couple of days to respond with cage trap and then either shoot the damn thing or forget about it. You probably don't want the bad PR and a lawsuit brought for taking out an extended family member from someone's household.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.