Marlin Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Seems to be a good one Rich....I have the Bushnell which I got at Wal-Mart for under $100. Good +/- 1 yard to 750. Works great. Same 9 volt Batt for 3 years now. I range trees from my deer stands for reference points, which I then mark with colered tape. However it does say with mine only guarenteed distance to 350 on deer sized targets. If I was shooting over 200 yards in hilly/mountainous country believe I would have an ARC compesator model. Bow hunders use them a lot. Shooting Up or Down grade does affect the point of impact but for rifle dosnt really come into play under 200....I dont think.

· Premium Member
2,858 Posts
That Simmons looks like a good deal.
I have a Bushnell Trophy that works well for all intents & purposes.
Except - the button to activate is really hard to push. Takes a lot of pressure to get it to work. It could just be the one that I have and not typical of that make/model. With that said, I won't buy another one without testing it first.

SWO1 - you brought up an interesting point about rifles and bullet arc. Rather than hijack the thread, I'll start another.
I have the Bushnell Yardage Pro 450. Only one BIG button on the side to push. But if I dont push "Straight in" it also dosnt seem to want to work...

I looked up laser range finders and a lot of Interesting comments about them. Seems a lot of people dont know the proper use of them. Some Real winners:

Wont read under 15 yards
Wont read thru bushes
Cant pick up a golf flag/stick...useless
If it aint a Ziss it aint worth %$##
Deer dont stay put long enough to use it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.