Real Footy started again

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Bucky, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

C'mon all you lot, get into the Satelite TV and start watching Aussie Rules

Never regret it !
    Makes Gridiron look tame

Bring it on

2. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Never have been able to get into that. Mainly because I don't know what the heck they're doing. Lol

3. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Quite a few years ago it was on US TV. I loved watching it. Rugby, soccer, US Football all rolled into one.
  4. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

but it sounds sooooo sissy when you say it
  5. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

"Aussie Rules" - What is that like cricket wearing slouch hats while swatting at kangaroos and chugging a Fosters? Enlighten the ignorant among us (myself included!) Brother Bucky.
  6. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

First, you have to catch a big kangaroo buck, a buckaroo. Then you train it to run around with you in its pouch, swinging a wombatbat at wombats running wild all over the field. First one who snares a wombat in their wombatbat gets a freethrow towards the goal. A well trained opposing kangaroo will catch the roo with the wombat thrower and pass the buck and let someone else throw the wombat. If the wombat escapes it all starts over. If the wombat hits the goal net everyone gets a beeah. A Fosters, now THAT's Beeah! If the guy in the pouch gets drunk everyone gets a chance at throwing him toward the net. That takes the rest of the day and by the time the last player gets his freethrow everyone is drunk and no one can remember why they started drinking in the middle of the game. The game is called and it starts over next Saturday. Not our Saturday, theirs. So turn your TV on a day early and start the tape or you will miss it.

7. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Fair suck of the Sav guys
    Real Footballers actually run around a real sized oval, do not wear "sissy pads", helmets, and fairy gloves.
    We are not allowed to hit from behind, that's called " snipping".

And the game flows for 25 minutes at a time.

Gotta love real footy
  8. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Its all about the BALLS :eek: