Recoil

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by New2Marlins, Jan 20, 2017.

1. New2Marlins

New2Marlins Member

Being new to this forum, I do not know if this has been discussed. So ... I intend to do some shooting with my new 1895gbl before I do anything rash. Still, I am looking something along the lines of the Edwards Recoil Reducer, if I don't like the recoil. I put something similar on the other halves '06 and it worked pretty good.

Any try this on a 1895?

2. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Recoil doesn't worry me that much !
    But in saying that I have recoil pads on 2 of my rifles, as I find the stocks too short.
    I am not sure if I would like to "drill in and fit" one of those recoil reducers, in a new rifle. I guess it's a personal preference thing.

I suppose it may make a difference if you are bench rest shooting, or in my case working up new loads in heavy magnum rifles, I tend to put a pair of sox under my singlet, as I may well shoot off 30 rounds.
    When hunting I never feel recoil, and I always see bambi drop.
    Cheers
    Bucky

3. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Come to think on it, I've never felt the recoil when hunting either! Even with my old Mauser.

4. New2Marlins

New2Marlins Member

I've shot my '03 a lot ... never had a problem with that. Can't say I've ever shot the 45/70.

5. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

I forgot about that one! The only time I've shot the 45/70 was a Thompson Contender. That pistol kicked my hiney big time!!!

6. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member