Marlin Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rimfire Ammo Update: Buy as Much as You Wish!

Whatever their personal political leanings might be, hunters, target shooters and plinkers alike have cause for at least a minor celebration these days. The reason for their delight is that many sporting goods retailers, such as well-known outfitter Cabela’s, have lifted a long-standing restriction on the quantity of certain types of ammunition that can be purchased in one transaction.

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2017/03/13/rimfire-ammo-update-buy-much-wish/

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yesterday I ordered 3k rounds of CCI SV from Midway, just under $300 shipped, right now I'm okay with nominally $0.10/round for stuff that is reasonably accurate and works in just about every rifle I have

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
I'm waiting on the RWS importer to get his shipment in from Germany. Its over 2 weeks late. Match grade never went away and prices have stayed pretty close to 3-4 years ago. I have to lot test for ammo for this upcoming bench rest season. Standard grade .22 have been plentiful here for quite a while. From local stores its always a little higher than on-line dealers, but lots of it. The highest prices are at the PX at Ft. Leonard Wood. No more breaks for military there. Same goes for their sporting goods/tools, ect.

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
I wish things would get a little more back to normal around here. The LGS prices are on the steep side still and not much of a selection and getting it at Walmart is about impossible unless you're there on delivery day,which isn't a set day,and they still have a limit of 3.

·
Banned
5,718 Posts
I have a Dick's Sporting Goods right around a mile away from me in Willow Grove Mall...

Bought way over 40,000 rounds of .22 long rifle between July 2016 and January 2017...

Current Inventory Spreadsheet say I currently have 38,100 rounds...or 76.36 Bricks ( 500 per brick ).

Should hold me for awhile...

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no wonder why the rest of us cant find any:rolleyes:

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You could be right but I think they sold out here quicker because they don't call this the gunshine state for nothing. :)

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Talked to the RWS importer yesterday. The shipment is in Atlanta. Came by train from the Shipping Port. Now they have to unload it, find a truck carrier and get it to Alabama. He told me to call back Tuesday and they will have it sorted and inventoried and ready for orders. I plan on getting 10 lots of R-50 for testing and some Rifle Match for barrel fouling.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Good Sw let us know how the RWS ammo. is

Bought some Armscore ammo and never heard of it, it shoots better than CCI from my Mark III

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Good Sw let us know how the RWS ammo. is

Bought some Armscore ammo and never heard of it, it shoots better than CCI from my Mark III

RWS is what my bench gun likes. Shoots better than Eley and Lapua.

Armscor is made in the Phillipines. I have some, standard velocity solid point. Dont shoot real well out of my guns. But every gun is different and has its own likes. Glad it does well for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.