Ruger Mark III

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by bikerlbf406, May 23, 2014.

1. bikerlbf406

bikerlbf406 Active Member

Just sold my 2 Cobra .380's the other day and bought me a Ruger Target 22/45 MKIII. Here's the pictures of it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Heres mine RUGER Mark III 22/45 Lipsey's Exclusive

[​IMG]

3. bikerlbf406

bikerlbf406 Active Member

nice......especially with the wood grips

4. FOUR4D4

Enjoy that 22 they are pretty nice guns.I haven't shoot mine much because of ammo is non existent in my neck of the woods.If you have any problems with assembly here is a video that help me.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fIYIWK0boo[/ame]

5. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Those are very nice gentlemen!

6. GunnerJacky

GunnerJacky Member

Rugar markIII is a nice pistol which is easy to handle and also comfortable during fire. I have also one.

7. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

those are real nice, how they shoot..are they fussy with cheapo ammo ?

8. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

I had one and it was a piece of crap. Failures all the time..eject and load. Few misfires except for the bad Remington Goldens that were bad at the time. Then the mainspring for some reason would not cooperate when re-assembling...ever. It stuck every time and finally I sawed the gun in half and threw it in the river.

But this was a rare example. They are supposed to be good guns. I have had 3 of them and never had problems until the last one.

9. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

I have an MKII which eats any brand of ammo I feed it. This gun had gone at least 15 years before it was thoroughly cleaned and it still fired every time. I don't ever imagine selling it.
    I have heard some say the MKIII has some dislikes with the trigger and I believe the safety. I had not heard of it having any ammo nitpicky problems.

10. Truckman

Truckman Well-Known Member

A little late to the party, but have any of you heard the "Legend of William Ruger?"
    The rest is for a takedown kit. I don't know if I can post the link, you can probably find it if you search, or PM me and I'll send it to you. I have no connection with them.
    I have a 22/45, they actually come apart and go back together pretty easy.

11. straightshooter

That is funny story but in reality it losses the comedy when actually reassembling it. First time I did it I thought I was going to have to take it to a gunsmith.
    I learned if I held my tongue just right the assembly would go back together. Oh, also talking dirty to it helps. Well it seemed that way to me.lol

12. FOUR4D4

Putting one back together should be an automatic qualification at earning a mancard

13. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I'll have to settle for a Boy Card. I've had several Mark IIs. I only broke them down for a total cleaning a couple times a year. Had to refer to the Operator's Manual every time. No way that I could keep that procedure in my head. :eek: Didn't even try.

14. Truckman

Truckman Well-Known Member

I had a MkII slabside, sold it to buy the 22/45 hunter. The MKII was a beotch to reassemble, the 22/45, not so bad.

15. straightshooter

An MKII is like having sex. It is like sex in that it depends how much you like it to master finding the right insertion point to put it all together. I have to admit having sex is easier.

16. FOUR4D4

And a lot more enjoyable :D:p

17. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Here's my 22/45 from 1999. It's the only polymer frame gun I own. I added the low profile rail, cut to end where the barrel starts. It wore a cheap red dot for a while, but then switched to the Williams fiber optic sights. I added the 1911 grip panels by adding bushings and securing with JB Weld. With the little bit wider grip I needed to extend the mag release. I used an Ed Brown button. That mag release is made from the hardest stuff the almighty ever created and I could not machine it. So, more JB Weld and patience. I need to get another one for the slide release. While it was completely apart for modifying the grips, I polished everything up on the inside. I will never part with it. My middle kid of 3 and only daughter has claimed it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]