Marlin Forums banner

Sad, Sad Rifle

7K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Bucky 
#1 ·
Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel

Rectangle Wood Artifact Tints and shades Font

I found this at my favorite local pawn shop and now have new stock and forend ordered from someone in Tennessee.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
It grieves my heart to see a quality rifle in that condition. Glad that you got ahold of it and will bring it back to it's original glory. Any idea of how it got that way?? Looks like it sat to long in the corner of a basement with 2" of sewer water.

#8 ·
It grieves my heart to see a quality rifle in that condition. Glad that you got ahold of it and will bring it back to it's original glory. Any idea of how it got that way?? Looks like it sat to long in the corner of a basement with 2" of sewer water.
No, no, you don't understand. This was deliberate. 7 to 8 pounds of lead melted and poured as a butt cap. :eek: Stupid Bubba attempt. Stock and forend on the way from Rick in Tennessee. I'll post pictures when repaired. Also got a Lyman Peep sight coming. I do love 30-30's. This is gonna be a good'un.

Bill

#14 ·
I'm curious how it got that way???
It looks like lead was added to the stock but that much lead would double the weight of the rifle.
Then again, you would have a good start on casting your own bullets. Hee, Hee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.