Scope for Marlin 795

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by pignatelli286, Jan 10, 2015.

1. pignatelli286

pignatelli286 Member

Hi everyone! My name is Robert and I just purchased my first Marlin. The 795 and I love it. I would like to get a nice scope for it but nothing over the top. Not looking to spend more than what I paid for the gun. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with some? I appreciate the feedback.

2. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Welcome. I recommend the Simmons 22 Mag scopes. They come with rings are available in matte black or silver and can be fixed 4X or 3-9X variable. I have 2, one mounted on a Marlin 60SB and another sitting here waiting to go on a Marlin 80G. I have bought them through Amazon.

Here's the 60SB.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015

3. pignatelli286

pignatelli286 Member

Thanks for the feedback. I will look into the Simmons. Would I need anything else to have the mounted? Not sure if a rail is needed or not. The gun is currently all stock.

4. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

There is a dovetail groove on the top of the receiver. The rings fit that, just a screwdriver is needed.

5. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

I don't believe you would be happy with a "cheap" scope. There are several out there that are relatively inexpensive. When I get rings for a scope, I like to get the lowest height that I can get by with. To me, it seems to be more accurate at various ranges. This is all just my preferences. Again, it depends on what you're gonna use it for.
    Oh yeah! Welcome to the forum! Enjoy yourself.

6. pignatelli286

pignatelli286 Member

I will mostly be using at the range or on open land for plinking. I have a gift certificate for both Bass Pro and Cabelas. I will be heading there this weekend. Anything you suggest Gumpy?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  7. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

I agree with MattNH. Simmonds 4X rated for 22 mag would be hard to beat. That's what I have on mine also. I also have a Simmonds 3x9X40 on my 30 caliber carbine, Levermatic.

8. pignatelli286

pignatelli286 Member

Thanks for the feedback. I already put an order in for the Simmons .22 Mag.