Scope Rings for Marlin 795

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by iamsan, Dec 11, 2017.

1. iamsan

iamsan New Member

Hello all, I just purchased a Nikkon Prostaff II Rimfire scope for my 795 and was wondering if anyone could tell me what type or rings I need for the mounting of it. I want to order it online by I am confused since there are many different sizes and types available and wanted to ensure I ordered the proper and best one for my gun. For example, does the 795 have a Weaver or Picantinny setup? What is the difference? Also, what size am I looking for? Any suggestions or direction would be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    S

2. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

The 795 has the 3/8" dovetail. I like the Leapers Accushot 1 piece mount available for $15ish on Amazon for any 1" tube scope I have put on my Marlin 60/70/99M1/995s and the dovetail is the same for the 795. However, for the one Nikkon Prostaff scope I have, I could not get the scope mounted forward enough to get proper eye relief for me when shooting prone. For that one I used the UTG 1 piece offset airgun mount, $17ish from Amazon. It allowed me enough eye relief, but it sits higher than I like so all I did was use some vet wrap and closed cell foam on the stock to raise my cheek weld.