Marlin Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was going to order a name brand bore scope until I saw the price tags on them. I went on Ebay and found one made in China for $14 that plugs into my laptop. It uses the USB port, and is 5.5mm diameter, with a 15' cord, so goes down the bores of .22LR and larger. It does everything the big name bore scopes do, for a huge discount! After I showed my friends, they all ordered one too, and are having a lot of fun looking at all their bores.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The camera has a wide angle view, so will easily see any imperfection in a bore. One thing I've found with all bore scopes is they wash out quickly in a few inches from the camera. Usually caused by the light that all these little scopes have equipped into them.
To get a really clear, and sharp picture, I push a loose white patch into the bore, and then follow that with the scope. I simply push the scope in a couple inches, and then back up a couple inches to see the bore picture. By working the white patch down the bore 2"-3" at a time this way, it gives a really good picture reflected off the white patch.
I also use my scope for all sorts of other inspections. I pulled a spark plug out of one cylinder on a friend's car and did a visual of the valves, and cylinder to answer a question he had. I keep finding other uses for these bore scopes all the time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I use Windows on my laptop, as the portability allows me to take the laptop to my gun room. It came with a disc program to use, and since I'm not computer savvy it took a few minutes to figure out how to use it. I haven't tried saving or capturing the shots yet, as once I've looked at a bore I saw no reason to use up computer space saving it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I believe I have Windows 7. Yes, it's the small disc I got, and I've never used one. But it fit right in my full sized disc drive and no issues. Mine has a slide out tray, if that makes a difference?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've had about 10 friends all order them and love them. They usually are free shipping, but come from China on every one I saw inexpensively priced. Shipping to China might be expensive for the individual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.