Marlin Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
492 Posts
I did when I started, but range pick up got mixed in and at some point there was no accounting for what was what so I stopped. My dad sent me about a thousand 38 he srounge from his police range back in the 70s. Most of those have been run through a worn out non carbide die or dies and have longitudinal scratch on them. I use them for light plinkers and lose on or two every now and then. There is no telling how many times they have been shot. I have some 357 and 44m that I received with unknown load counts except they were high. They just keep on shooting and I sometimes load them hot. I'll likely never buy 45acp brass again. I loose a couple of pieces to the grass every time I shoot, but I find many many more than I came with. If I didn't trade off the 9mm pickup I'd be up to my knees in that stuff.:)

· Premium Member
492 Posts
What do you do with the culls? I pick up brass whenever I go shooting. I have quite a bit of spent brass. I might start a contest and offer my brass as the prize but I was also thinking of recycling it. Is there a market for that?
I trade mine, mostly to other forum members. About a month ago I traded most of my 9mm for a bag of semi-precious stones. Here are six of the thirty or so right here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.