Small Game Huntin'

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by SHOOTER13, Sep 30, 2012.

1. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Just covering the basics

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't loading for skeet when I should be loading for buffalo. But if the lighter weight pellets work, I will concentrate on the kill shot. Thanks. I will post some pics when I get it up and running.

2. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Shooter...or anyone who knows; What is the trick to getting consistent accuracy with a spring-piston air rifle? I am hitting kinda ok, but could do a lot better. I had a Beaman a few years ago and didn't like it. Now I have the Silent Cat and shoot it a lot better than the Beaman but not near as well as a regular 22. I am not satisfied it is the sights giving me troubles. (I also had a Benjamin 22 (looked like a Sheridan) with a Williams peep and shot the eyes out of squirrels, so I suspect it has something to do with the spring piston type of rifle.

3. dads81-DL

dads81-DL Well-Known Member

My success Sunday morning. Going to be tasty :)

ForumRunner_20131105_001728.jpg

4. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Way to go! Nice ones.

5. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Sight are important for obvious reasons.
    One thing that I hadn't considered was cleaning the bore. After all, there isn't any powder residue. I once owned a Gamo .177 pellet gun with a scope that shot fairly well but was less accurate that I was hoping for.
    For that reason, I traded it to my son. Our Hunting Club sets up an indoor pellet gun range in the lodge for winter shooting practice and a little friendly competition. After my son cleaned the bore, it was one of the most accurate rifles in the group. Case in point, the pellets are soft lead and leave residue in the barrel that adversely effects accuracy. Who would have thunk it???

6. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member