Marlin Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear when marlin was bought out the stopped using the jm stamp on the barrel and the sights being off was one result off the drop in quality. My sight are off plus I have the jm stamp. The f*ck is up wit that

·
Registered
853 Posts
Probably a barrel blank that was left in inventory when Remington took over Marlin. Most likely the Remington employees got the sights misaligned when they did the remaining work to install the sights. Just my guess.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Without knowing the date of manufacture it's difficult to tell what you have.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Marlin quailty has been off as far as i know since 1996 my 336 has a few small flaws but is a tac driver

·
Registered
176 Posts
Probably a barrel blank that was left in inventory when Remington took over Marlin. Most likely the Remington employees got the sights misaligned when they did the remaining work to install the sights. Just my guess.
Or it was built for the metro market. Some city folks like the sights on the side of the gun rather than on the top. :D

Seriously, hyphenated hit the nail on the head. The old Marlin wasn't perfect either but the current manufacturing group has had an inordinate amount of problems since the move to Ilion.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I like Rooster's answer better than mine. I'm gonna start holding my Marlins sideways when I'm deer hunting. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts